EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION PTY LTD
ABN 66 167 845 918
(“Employment and Education”)
Employment and Education is committed to respecting and protecting the integrity of your privacy and your personal information collected by Employment and Education is to enable us to provide the most appropriate outcome form our services. Our policy applies to all and any personal information which we collect hold or use; whether, for example, you are a student, prospective student or a person within an education or training organisation with whom we deal.
This Policy also applies to our subsidiary companies and associated or related businesses.
Why we collect Personal Information.
Employment and Education collects and retains personal information about you including your name, address and contact details and details concerning your career requirements for your educational and vocational qualifications.
The personalised nature of our services means that we are unable to offer our services to you on a generic basis. What we offer you is personalised and designed to meet your specific career requirements.
In specifically, we collect your information in order to:
- Process your enrolment into a study program with a Nationally Recognised and Registered Training Organisations (RTO) of which Employment and Education represents as an authorised agent.
- Assess your current and future vocational status and educational and training needs
- Offer you specific, personalised and relevant vocational training and educational information and services which will enhance your qualifications and career opportunities
- Inform you of available educational and training opportunities, financial subsidies and/or support services
- Directly market educational, career and other opportunities to you, including through means of online remarketing, telemarketing and email marketing
- Maintain our business relationship with you and offer our services on an on-going basis
- Liaise with Employment and Education’s related entities and third party service providers for the provision of the foregoing services to you and of facilities, such as data processing and storage, to allow Employment and Education to effectively offer you the services.
We may also use your information for compliance purposes and in-house research and analysis. This helps us to:
- Improve our understanding of customer needs
- Create marketing profiles
- Support strategic development.
- Ensure we are complying with the regulatory and legal framework in which we operate.
To enable us to conduct research we may share your information with third party suppliers employed to help. All results of any such research and analysis will be anonymised or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where possible we collect your personal information directly from you.
Personal information is generally collected during the course of our contact with you and is largely provided by you. It may be collected verbally in discussions with our employees or agents. It may be supplied in writing by you in the form of job applications, enrolment applications and details, curriculum vitae or academic records submitted by you in hard copy or electronically, either directly to us, or in some circumstances to a third party in which case Employment and Education is careful to ensure that the third party provides your information with your consent.
We may monitor (record) telephone conversations with you for staff training and compliance purposes. We will inform you prior to any telephone conversation which is monitored (recorded) in this way to obtain your prior approval.
The information will necessarily include your identity, age, gender and current contact details. It will generally also include the information contained in your curriculum vitae or job applications relevant to your vocational and educational history such as previous employment, training or study details, qualifications or skills you hold and membership of trade or professional associations.
We may also share information between our related or affiliated entities, depending on which of our related or affiliated entities you initially dealt with and what services you obtain.
On occasion information concerning you, your work history or qualifications may be provided by third parties such as former employers or educational institutions. Where this occurs we will take all reasonable steps to inform you of that.
In addition some personal information may also be collected by use of “Cookies” when you contact Employment and Education or its associated entities on-line. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit Employment and Education websites (directly or via our applications). We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- Identifying returning users, and subscribers
- Eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- Enabling you to move more easily around our website and applications
- Tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
- Building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
- Enabling targeted services and opportunities to be directly marketed to you based on your browsing history.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
You can also choose whether you wish us to collect cookie information for these purposes using the settings in your browser, as further explained at http://www.cookiecentral.com
In all cases you agree that provision by you to us of personal information, including sensitive information, constitutes consent to our collecting, storing, using and disclosing that information for the purposes outlined above and in the ways outlined in this policy.
How we use your information
We use the personal information we collect to provide employment, educational and training services to you. Employment and Education will undertake analysis of your vocational history and qualifications and consider it in the context of available employment and training programs in order to identify and inform you of further training or other vocational opportunities relevant to you.
In doing so, and to enable us to provide you with those services, we will include your personal information in our direct marketing database and client databases.
In order to provide those services or fulfil the purposes identified above, we may also disclose your Personal Information or some of it to other of our related entities or affiliated third party service providers such as data processors or direct marketing consultants.
We do not and never will sell or provide your details to third party advertisers or any unrelated entity unless we were to sell the business or part of it.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone?
Employment and Education will disclose your personal information to our related entities and/or certain affiliated third party service providers in certain relevant circumstances and in the provision of our services to you. This may include disclosure to:
- Prospective employers
- Educational and vocational training bodies
- Third party service providers such as data processors for the purpose of entering your information into our databases.
Finally Employment and Education or its undertaking may be the subject of sale or negotiations for sale in which case your personal information may be disclosed and ultimately pass into the custody of a purchaser. If this occurs disclosure and transfer will be subject to the terms of this Policy and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Is my personal information secure?
Employment and Education takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We employ a number of means to protect your personal information, including:
- External and internal premises security
- Restricted access to personal information
- Maintaining a secure computer network to prevent unauthorised access
- Regular reviewing and testing of our software in order to improve the level of security Internal policies in relation to Employment and Education computer use
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure third parties provide information security of a similar standard.
- It is our policy to regularly review and if it is no longer being used, remove personal information from our systems.
Please note that there are inherent features of internet communications – including e-mail – which are not secure and may involve your communications being routed through a number of servers and different countries. Employment and Education cannot control this and does not guarantee the security of such transmission. Be aware that various encryption methods can be employed to secure that information if you are concerned about it but, one again, Employment and Education does not control or particularly recommend any of these and does not warrant their effectiveness.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services. By accepting Employment and Education’s terms of service and the terms of this policy and by providing Employment and Education with information or seeking its services, you consent to direct marketing to you of relevant services or opportunities identified by Employment and Education, its related entities or third party service providers dealing with Employment and Education. If any phone number you have provided to us is registered on the Do Not Call register you consent to Employment and Education or its direct marketing providers calling that number or those numbers. Employment and Education may continue to contact you for an indefinite period unless and until you advise us otherwise.
If you do not want to receive any of this information, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting our privacy officer whose details are set out below. You may also opt-out and stop the delivery of future promotional material from Employment and Education by following the special instructions in any marketing email you may receive from us. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our database and marketing list.
Once you have told us you no longer wish to receive information about our services, we will not send you any further material. We will keep your basic details in our ‘do not contact’ database so that we do not contact you again.
You can, however, change your mind about receiving information about our services at any time – you just need to let us know by contacting us as outlined above.
Ensuring your personal information is up to date.
We rely on the personal information we hold about you to efficiently provide our services. Accordingly, it is important that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date.
During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information. However, you can contact us at any time to update your personal information or to tell us the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
A Commonwealth identifier is a Commonwealth Government or Commonwealth Government agency designated identification number such as your Tax File Number (TFN) or Medicare number.
Employment and Education does not use Commonwealth identifiers as a means of identifying the personal information that we may have collected about you, even if you have supplied that information to us.
Can I access or correct my personal information?
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you. In most cases, a summary of personal information such as your name and address details, contact telephone numbers and the matters you have engaged us on are freely available to you by contacting us by any of the means set out at the end of this policy.
Employment and Education may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period of time after you have ceased your relationship with us. After the required time has passed, we attend to the secure destruction or deletion of your personal information.
Concerns or requests for access
Mail: Compliance Officer
Level 1, 394-396 Glenhuntly Rd
Tel: (03) 9532 8333
Can I complain about a breach of my privacy?
We offer a free internal complaint resolution scheme to all of our customers. Should you have a privacy complaint, please contact us so we can try to fix the problem.
To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process:
- Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
- Contact the Employment and Education Learning Privacy Officer via the contact details outlined above, where your situation will be reviewed and if possible resolved straight away. A quick chat is all that’s required to resolve most issues.
- If at this stage the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, the matter will be referred to a senior manager within Employment and Education or the relevant organisation within the Employment and Education group of companies. We will provide you with the name and contact details of the officer who will investigate your complaint, answer your questions and do all they can to assist you.
What if I am not satisfied with the response?
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to Employment and Education, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Changes to this Policy
“Employment and Education” in this document means Employment and Education Pty Ltd (ABN 66 167 845 918) and its subsidiaries or related businesses
“Personal information” is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be determined.
“RTO” is the Registered Training Organisation providing the study program
“Sensitive Information” is personal information concerning your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association
Employment and Education Pty Ltd 2014. All rights reserved.